Description

Up to 70% Off Sol 72 Outdoor Metal Dining Sets. Free S&H 2 Seater Bistro Set, Buy Metal Dining Sets online! Free delivery over £40 to most of the UK ✓ Great Selection ✓ Excellent customer service ✓ Find everything for a beautiful home

• Country of Origin: China
  • Pieces Included: 2 stackable chairs and 1 table
  • Chair Outer Frame Material: Metal
  • Table Frame Material: Metal
  • Table Top Material: Glass
    • Product Name 2 Seater Bistro Set
      Brand Sol 72 Outdoor
      Product SKU uk37d15dd46b95010
      Category Metal Dining Sets
      Main Category Garden Furniture

Outdoor & Garden Ideas

History Of Cuckoo Clocks

Cuckoo clocks are unique creations that are centuries old. The first cuckoo clock was produced back in the early 18th century in Germanys region known as the Black Forest. Clock making in this area of Germany dates back to the early 17th century, almost a full hundred years before clockmakers and craftsmen produced the very first cuckoo clock. The father of cuckoo clocks in believed to be the German clockmaker, Franz Anton Ketterer, although there are a great many stories and lore revolving around this unique timepiece.

This early clock was thought to be inspired by a Bohemian design from the late early 1600s that came to Germany from a peddler from the modern day Czech Republic. This method of selling timepieces made the cuckoo clock even more famous, as clock makers all around the Black Forest area of Germany. In the next three centuries, peddlers would travel all around Europe selling these charming timepieces, further influencing different areas of Europe with the unique sound of the cuckoo clock.

Although the first cuckoo clocks were made of wood, they are a great deal simpler in style than the intricately decorated and heavily carved creations that are usually thought of to be cuckoo clocks. Instead of just the case being made of wood, early Germany clockmakers made every piece of the clock from wood, including the gears and other working parts. This is one of the reasons why these early clocks have fallen into disrepair or are completely lost. Furthermore, many of these early clocks were painted with watercolor paints, which do not have the potential to hold their pigments over time and are easily removed by simply cleaning the clock with a damp cloth.

Although these early clocks were more primitive than their modern day counterparts, they included the famous cuckoo bird instead of more traditional chimes to mark the hour. Native to Asia, Africa, and Europe, the cuckoo bird is a unique bird that lays their eggs in the nests of other birds, which in turn rear the cuckoos young as surrogate parents. This bird was commonly grey in color, although the female features a vibrant tuft of red feathers atop her head.

Also like todays clocks, the early cuckoo clocks were decorated in schemes that showed families, military motifs, or hunting scenes. In the late 1800s, the production of cuckoo clocks became industrialized and began production for customers all over Germany, Europe, and the rest of the world. Soon, the cuckoo clock became immediately synonymous with Germany life and style, making the timepiece an incredibly popular souvenir. Three of the more famous clock makers in Germany began making cuckoo clocks, namely Theodore Ketterer, Fidel Hepting, and Johann Baptist Beha.

Unlike the industrialization in other parts of the world where large, noisy, dirty factories took over the countryside, the cuckoo clock factories were generally much smaller and housed in cottages where entire families would contribute one specific part of the clock. Each individual was trained in one aspect of clock making or decorating, with one family member working on the actual clock, another working on the case carving, another on painting the decorations, and another to completely assemble the piece. Over 13,500 men, women, and children worked in making cuckoo clocks during this period of time in the Black Forest village of Triberg.

Today, the cuckoo clock has made its way all over the world. Still made in many of the same traditions, the most historic cuckoo clocks are still produced in the Black Forest region. Whether you choose to decorate your home with a clock that houses the tiny bird or want a true German souvenir to remember your trip, a cuckoo clock is the perfect addition to any home.

20 of 45 Review For 2 Seater Bistro Set

• Review by Brad

Brad ( 2020-May-19 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Easy to assemble and looks good. I was surprised how stable it was when I sat on it as I am 15st

• Review by Cynthia And Tom

Cynthia And Tom ( 2020-Dec-16 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Very happy with this purchase. Took 2 people to assemble and took a few hours . It was quite fiddly but straightforward when we got going.

• Review by Jessica

Jessica ( 2021-Jun-17 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Exactly as described good quality (keter) assembly was easy just a screwdriver and a second pair of hands when fixing the lid on. It now has all the cushions from our corner suite inside of which was impressive.

• Review by Casey

Casey ( 2021-May-30 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

ovely chairs and table set. Chairs are a great size and very comfortable.

• Review by Liz

Liz ( 2021-Dec-05 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Some of the sections were warped and had to be straightened using some gentle heat. There were 4 screws missing but Keter customer services were helpful when telephoned. The shed looks good once built up (not the easiest process) and there is a good amount of space inside. The double doors are a bonus as it makes access to equipment easier. Although I am relatively pleased with the shed I do think it is a little expensive for what it is.

• Review by Helen

Helen ( 2020-Aug-10 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Looks lovely in our garden and has provided total protection for all our cushions through several downpours.

• Review by Kara

Kara ( 2020-Jun-18 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

We really like this lantern. it goes perfectly in our porch, just the size and weight; it ws so reasonable too. great purchase

• Review by Marcy

Marcy ( 2021-Feb-21 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

These are perfect on the wall with the bigger set that I purchased and received just a couple days ago! Love the copper and cement!!

• Review by Sue

Sue ( 2020-Apr-01 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

We really like this lantern. it goes perfectly in our porch, just the size and weight; it ws so reasonable too. great purchase

• Review by Pamela

Pamela ( 2020-Dec-04 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Great accent pieces for either side of our piece of art over the couch. Exactly what I was looking for!

• Review by Pamela

Pamela ( 2020-Jul-27 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

I've purchase 4 of these storage deck boxes. Two in white, and two in taupe. I'm even using one as an ottoman with a cushion on it. Just excellent.

• Review by Maria

Maria ( 2021-Sep-20 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

A little smaller than what I had expected but still super cute!

• Review by Sarah

Sarah ( 2022-Jan-06 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Great pots, very stylish - I had read the reviews so knew it might crack when making drainage holes so avoided the middle and did it in the four indentations on the big pots. Would recommend you only make two drainage holes as probably won’t crack much that way - I did four and the fourth caused a crack rather than a hole. Even so they were fine with some crocks at the bottom and then filled. Not used the inner pots yet as I wanted tall black ones and these seemed good value versus comparisons which were either too expensive or cheap for indoor use only. Happy with these - just choose your drainage holes wisely!

• Review by Sohrab

Sohrab ( 2021-Apr-07 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

This was a little confusing to assemble, but I was able to put it together. Nice outdoor bench. I'm able to store my porch cushions in it for the winter.

• Review by Michael

Michael ( 2021-Jan-28 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

The wood seems nice and the table pop up is cool. The directions to assemble were not good - they could have saved me a lot of time with just a little more info. The pre assembled part was only okay, the lines were not totally clean. Fine for $200 but I feel sorry for anyone who paid full price.

• Review by Andrew

Andrew ( 2022-Jan-12 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Very cute but they're extremely small. The picture does not reflect the reality in size. Yes, you had the dimensions posted, but when the handles are added into the height this can be misconstrued for a bigger vessel (which happened in my case). The form is nice, the material is lovely and modern but the vessel size is unrealistic for any planter, even for the tiniest plant. There's no picture to send, I've just packed them away in a drawer because it won't worth the return postage.

• Review by Anthony

Anthony ( 2021-Jan-20 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Easy assembly, great bench. Wood definitely needs to be sealed for the rich look, I used a clear deck sealer that made it gorgeous, as we will be covering it and leaving it out in the elements, or as they recommend a hearty coating of furniture wax. Over all very pleased.

• Review by Bianca

Bianca ( 2021-Jan-18 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

I bought one for firewood for near our fire pit, and the other holds towels in case someone forgets theirs near the pool. Never any problems with rain getting in and the extra seating is helpful. Holds even our larger friends

• Review by Mary

Mary ( 2020-Mar-05 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

This item was purchased as an item on a raffle table. I can’t speak for the actual function of the swing, but the person who won it was absolutely thrilled with it!

• Review by Mary

Mary ( 2020-May-21 )

VERIFIED BUYER
    ★★★★★

Won't use these until spring/summer so it's a little hard to rate. Nice looking and went together very easy. Will put cushion on top for extra seating.

Be the first to review “T-shirt with skirt”

Your email adchair will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 2 3 4 5